Monday, May 4, 2009

A Whole Lot Of Tootin' Going On




A few days ago I was reading a friends blog (AN) and she was tooting her son's horn in a very tastful manner. I loved it. It was a very well deserved toot at that. I have been known to toot some horns in my day as well but is there a rule that it is bad manners to toot your own horn?
If so, to heck with rules. I am going to toot away.
On Saturday I ran my farthest ever run of 8 miles!!!!!
Some of you know I have been wanting to do this for quite a while but some hurdles have been getting in the way. I now feel a renewed sense of determination, that I can do anything I set my heart to do. Before this I wasn't so sure. When I finished my run I started crying, not because I was tired but because I was so happy I couldn't hold it in. This is definately not the end of my running adventures. This Saturday I plan on going 9.
I will not give up on my dreams.
One added bonus is that on my Garmin it said I ran off over a thousand calories and then on Myfitnesspal it said I burned over two thousand. Which is it?
However many calories I burned it's a good thing I did because that morning I ate four donuts.
Woops!!
And I wonder why I am not losing weight.

11 comments:

melissa said...

Lara 8 miles is AWESOME!!! You were with me on my furthest of 5 miles. I might have to join you this Satruday and see if I can at least make 6. I'm no expert but I have heard that you burn 100 calories per mile. I don't think it matters if you are running or walking I think the only think that would burn more calories is if you were running on an incline. Again I'm no expert that is just what I've heard.

We are rescheduling our trip to Mexico if you want to join us???

Allen's said...

Way to go Lara! I am so proud of you! You have incredible determination and I am glad that you had such a great experience. I am excited for you to keep going! :)

mandi said...

8 MILES!!!???!!! That's awesome!! do you have black toenails or funky blisters? I'm SO impressed!! We'll have to exchange playlists.

Jewels said...

Wow Lara, that is incredible!! The Moab 1/2 Marathon is the best, you should do it!! I am very impressed and feel free to toot away anytime (just not in church)!!

Grammie & Papa Rex said...

We are proud of you too! Dad just hopes he can keep up with you. You will do just fine! It's not quite three weeks away. Keep up the good work. Dad runs so he can have more of the woops moments.

Donahoe Family said...

Toot toot away! NICE WORK!!
One day I will join you???

Mechelle said...

Holy moly!! You are a super stud queen! Way to keep on dreamin'.

Ange said...

THAT'S COMPLETELY AWESOME!!!!
It's an exhilarating feeling to do something you never thought you would. Keep it up, and pretty soon you'll be running that race!

Laura said...

LARA! I LOVE you!!! Love that you worked up to 8 MILES and LOVE that you admit to eating 4 doughnuts.
8 miles is no small task... congratulations!

Julie said...

You deserve a good toot!! That is awesome, Lara!! Is there a 5k or something we can do while we are up there in July?? That would be fun. (it would also motivate me to hit the pavement once again!!)

Shill and Company said...

Way to go woman! I am so proud of you. You accomplished something HUGE.