Thursday, February 19, 2009

Sweet Little Emma And Baby Ben

I have been challenged to participate in the "Sixth" Challenge which is where you:

1. Go to the photo folder in your computer
2. Go to the 6th folder of photos.
3. Go to the sixth picture.
4. Put the picture on your blog and description of it.
5. Invite six friends to join the challenge.

So this is my picture...
This is my sweet Emma holding my cutee boy, Ben. In this picture Emma is three and just a month older than Ella is now. Ben was just three days old. Emma has always been a little mommy to Ben. She just loved holding him. She was always so proud of Ben. Can't you see it in this picture? And Ben was my little angel baby. He never fussed and rarely cried.
*
Looking at this picture I am also reminded of Ben's little medical problem he had. He had something called Torticollis. He could only turn his head one way and because of this was quickly developing a flat spot on his head. I was told by doctors to get him started on physical therapy and to think about having him wear a helmut. I decided against that and found a Pediatric Chiropractor who delt with children with Torticollis. I made the committment to pack up the little ones and take my 1 month old baby Ben all the way down to Draper two and sometimes three times a week to see this Chiropractor. In less than a year Ben had full range of motion in his neck and no longer favored one side. He still has a little flat spot on one side of his head but it's nothing super noticeable.
*
Emma and Eva were always so good on our trips. Even at just two and three years old they knew we were helping baby Ben get better. Our little family bond grew larger during those trips to Draper. Ben is so lucky to have the big sisters that he does. Great memories have come flooding back after seeing this picture again.
*
Now I challenge Tiff, Mara, Kristine, Trish, Julie L., and Marissa. I chose some of you because you have gone the way of Facebook and no longer blog as much as you have in the past. I miss your great posts. The rules for the "Sixth" challenge are at the top.

4 comments:

Donahoe Family said...

Ok I never do challenges because they are always about me and I just don't do that well. Nuff said. However, this is so much fun - I am really going to do it!! I just have to get my "crashed" computer working again so I can get to my folders!! HA!

Allen's said...

Challenge accepted and accomplished! Darling picture!

Grammie & Papa Rex said...

That was a great picture. And reminds me that I was there. Lucky me.

Julie said...

OK, sorry...a week later and I finally see this post (stinking facebook!! ugh!). Sorry! I'll get right on it...promise!
Such a sweet picture. I love the look on Emma's face. So angelic!!