Friday, January 30, 2009

Nighty Night

The kids are always wanting to sleep together. I have let them in the past but it never goes well. They end up either fighting or getting along so well they never fall asleep. So lately I have not let them.
I always peek in on the kids when I go to bed and over the past few nights this is what I have seen...

Lately during the night Ella has been sneaking into Ben's room to sleep with him. There is something about Ella wanting to sleep next to her big brother that just pulls at my heartstrings. Does he make her feel safe? Does he comfort her when she has bad dreams? I know I have said that I don't allow this, but at the same time how can I not allow this? I have to admit I was tempted to climb in with them. I also secretly was hoping to wake them with my flash so that I could tell them how much I love them and how much I love their sweet little relationship they have with one another. That didn't happen so I was forced to put my camera away and climb into my own bed, but I did so with a giant smile on my face and a melted heart.

6 comments:

Grammie & Papa Rex said...

At this age it is so sweet. It would be so nice to be able to peek into their heads and see why they say and do what they do. At least you know they love each other on some neat level. Sometimes children at this age can fight a lot. This picture you should print and save it for the future when they are at odds with each other.

Allen's said...

So sweet! They are cute kids!

mandi said...

I want to climb in too! I'm going to hug my screen! They are so sweet!

Jewels said...

Totally Precious!! I'm glad you took a picture to treasure always!

Laura said...

So sweet Lara. You have great kids.

Shill and Company said...

I love this. They look so peaceful. I think it is so great how well your kids get along. They all seem to be the best of friends. I say, keep letting them do this for as long as they want to. It's just plain ol' sweet.