Saturday, September 6, 2008

Serious Withdrawals

I am having total Olympics withdrawals. I cannot stand turning on the TV and not hearing the voice of Bob Costas. I haven't even watched much TV at all since the Olympics because it seems so boring now, so pointless. I need them back!!


Like most of the world, whenever I think of the 2008 Beijing Olympics, I will immediately think of this man, Michael Phelps. He truly is a man born to swim. And I loved every minute of when he was in the water. I think I will miss him and his amazing performances the most.




These two gals, Misty May Treanor and Kerri Walsh also blew my mind. My eyes were glued to the TV whenever they were on and it wasn't only because they looked so hot in their bathing suits. Cute little fact: I remember Kerri Walsh's husband, Casey Jennings, from my days in the HB singles ward.





There was so much more about the Olympics that I loved, like the girls gymnastics and just about every other sport. And of course who can forget the opening ceremonies? If anybody out there ever figures out a way to rewind time please let me know because I really need my Olympics back.
*
*
*
One other thing that I am having serious withdrawals over is SUMMER. The first thing that I think about when I think of this summer is Cherry Hill.

Cherry Hill is the local water park that we get season passes to every summer. It is our saving grace, our home away from home.
My kids think that we go there just for them but little do they know, I have an even bigger love affair with the sun than they do.
Cherry Hill is now closed for the season until next summer. And with the kids going back to school I just don't know what to do with my time. I haven't been able to get into the swing of normal life yet. Gone are the days of Cherry Hill during the day and the Beijing Olympics ALL night. I am just not ready to let it go. Where's that rewind button when I need it?

6 comments:

Grammie & Papa Rex said...

I loved the olympics too. But, I really needed the sleep more. I guess the saying "there is a time and season for everything" is the same as we need everything in moderation, even the great things for us to grow into well rounded individuals. It would be nice though to rewind some of those great things even if it was for just a little longer! I'm sure you will find more than your share of new fun things to fill in the space.

Cheryl said...

The kids had a blast yesterday with your kids. I didn't really get into the Olympics this year, however I do understand missing Cherry Hill!

Tayli Lundquist said...

oh my gosh cherry hill looks so much fun! i can't wait to go there again i hopw we go with you guys! love you all!

Laura said...

Love Bob Costas, love Michael Phelps, love the gymnists and TOTALLY missed out on the opening ceremony. I am so bummed. I miss the Olympics too:(

Anonymous said...

My kids loved Cherry Hill when we visited Utah, we wish there was one here in Washington. It's nice to have the kids back in school and try to get a normal routine. Don't even get me started on the Olympics...

Lauren said...

Just looking at your pictures makes me crave summer again. (Accept for the fact I am loving having kids in school.)