Thursday, June 26, 2008

We've Become "One Of Them"

Throughout my teenage years I would often pet sit for a family in our ward whenever they went out of town. They had two dogs and five or six cats. I didn't mind because I have always loved animals. But I always thought it strange, their connection with their pets. They called them their "fur-people".It is one thing to love your pets. I had pets growing up too and loved them. But to call them people? That just always wierded me out...until now. I am here to confess today that we have become one of them. The type of person that goes overboard with their pets, that calls them people.
We all talk to Monte like he is a baby. I even call him my kid. I am actually thinking of starting a blog just for him and calling it "The Mishaps of Monte Walter". Yes, that is his full name. I think if anyone asked any of us who we loved the best in the family, we would all say "Monte"! We have Monte pride through and through. He's the best cat in the world!!

We HEART Monte!!!

6 comments:

Grammie & Papa Rex said...

That's so cute! I don't know if Tiki will ever be that lay-back, to allow that much cuddling. Monte seems so relaxed now with the kids. Fun memories will be created.

Julie said...

We {heart} Phoebe Angel Lundquist, too!! We are right there with you...ok, maybe not Eric, but the rest of us for sure! Nice to see that they've all warmed up to Monte! Cats are the funniest things...maybe he does deserve his own blog!!

ChristianZ said...

Looks like Monte makes a great pillow.

Laura said...

Lara- you are so lucky to have a great cat... we have one and he is CRAZY!!! Monte looks like the cat I always dreamed of: cuddly, patient, calm, laid back... our cat, Smokey, really is a nutcase. He will stalk the kids like they are his prey, run up and wrap himself around their leg like a wild cat does to a deer, and then take a chunk out of their leg... then he'll dart away as fast as he can. He hates cuddling, and is on edge every minute of every hour- he howls and really, I just hate him (he is only 1 1/2 and I'm dreading him living a long full life!!!). I want a MONTE!!!! By the way, Monte is very handsome.

cheryl said...

Ok first, I love that Monte has a middle name!! And second, I love that his middle name is Walter, where in the world? Third, we are moving this week to Monte Drive, just for you guys and Fourth, can you please take our 2 cats, because I cannot ditto Laura's comments enough. They are dirty, they leave their hair all over my precious baby and they lick themselves! If it wasn't for Beau our cats would be advertised on Craigs list right now (or shipped to your house.) And I, too, and dreading a long life with these cats. UGGGG!!!!

Shill and Company said...

I loved Monte's full name. That is so AWESOME! He is such an incredibly amazing kitty cat. I'm glad that you have him and that he has become such an important part of your family. If he is inte,rested in a live in girlfriend there's this gal Zoe that we would be willing to let go. For Monte's happiness of course!