Wow! Yesterday I turned 32...and I don't feel a day over 60...physically anyway. I know, I am such a sad (crippled) subject at the moment.
*
*
All I wanted for my birthday was some time with my hubby and Sushi! I got those so I am a happy camper! And then to top it off, I got lots of lovin from my kids in the form of hugs, cards, homemade books, even powerpoint presentations! Lee also made me my favorite cake, double chocolate chunk with chocolate pudding instead of frosting! It was heaven!
*
*
I have to give thanks to Lee for not making a big deal out of my birthday like I requested. I know it was hard for him. Life has just been so crazy for us, I didn't want to add to the craziness.
*
*
I now would like to take some time to say how much I love being ME. I don't think I could have said that a few years ago. The thirties have been so awesome for me. I feel like I am finally discovering who I am and realizing my potential. For me, my thirties have meant forgetting about the petty, silly, shallow things in life. I am really learning what truly is important. My teens and even twenties were riddled with insecurities and uncertainty about myself. I no longer want to waste my time caring what other people are thinking of me or pretending to be somebody I am not. I now embrace my strengths as well as my weaknesses. Everyday I strive to be a better ME, in the form of Mother, Wife, and Self. I am ME and I don't want to be anybody else!
*
*
Thanks for all the phone calls and cards. You have helped make my day extra special!!
7 comments:
Wow, my baby getting too old. My mind doesn't seem old at all, but boy the bod is starting to fall apart. Glad your day was a good one. We love you.
I think you're darling -- both looks and personality. A wonderful Mother to those 4 beautiful children and a loving wife. Good health. Plus the Gospel. You have ALL that's really important.
I once heard that your "spirit" doesn't age. When the gray hair and wrinkles, etc. come along, in your heart you still feel young.
Lots of love, Nani
Lara-I love who you are, too!! Glad that you had a great day...and got all that you wanted! Those things are priceless!! I have to say that my 30's have been my favorite as well...and to think that I agonized over turning 30!!
Happy Birthday!! We love you tons!
Glad you had a great birthday, you are awesome! Can't wait to see you in July!
Happy Birthday! WE all love you so much. Our computer has been down all week, as well as our phones and actually we just fell off the planet so that is my lame, lame excuse. Anyway, I hope you know how loved you are and how grateful I am to be a part of your life and your sister and that you are such a sweet example to my children of goodness, and kindness, and beauty.
I am glad that you had a good day. I loved reading what you have learned about yourself. I've always thought that you were fantastic so I'm glad that you are learning that about yourself now. What's not to love about you my friend?
Awesome! I want to be your neighbor and have some of that self assurance spill over to me :)! I think when we are at ease with ourselves our children pick up on it~ and it makes them feel more confident about themselves too. Way to go!
Post a Comment