Friday, January 11, 2008

Here I Go...

This post is from my new blog, http://weightshmeight.blogspot.com/. This new blog is going to be my personal journal documenting my journey of weight loss. I will make it private and invite all of you. Feel free to check it out!
No more diets. No more excuses. No more putting it off.

While I am not really a fan of setting New Year's Resolutions, I have recently set a goal for myself which is to never go on another diet again. I just want to start eating healthier, exercising more regularly and be a better example of how to live for my children. I recently asked my 8 year old what my title should be for this blog. She said, without hesitaton, "I Don't Exercise And I Eat Really Bad." After having a good laugh it made me think, is that the sort of example I want to set for my children?

I am tired of making excuses. The bottom line is that I have let myself go and it is time to change that. I have chosen to start this blog as a way to better hold myself accountable for my actions. By realizing that friends and family are checking up on me and are aware of my progress, or lack of progress, I am hoping that will help keep me going.

I have been known to say "Starting Monday" or "Starting on the 1st" or after a certain holiday or birthday. Well I am done putting it off. Effective immediately, I have begun my new life! Wait, did I just say effective immediatley? Uh, OK. Here I go...

2 comments:

Shill and Company said...

Way to go Lara! I am proud of you. I too set a very similar goal for myself this year. I have been eating smaller portions(but not that small, I'm not a bird) and have been exercsing every Monday, Wednesday, & Friday and have already lost a little weight, but the truly amazing thing is how much stronger I feel. I can't cut out sweets altogether, but I have decreased the amount that I was consuming. I have also noticed that on my off days from the routine, I usually sneak in a little exercise because I want to.

No doubt you will be able to achieve your goal. You are one tough cookie. Oh, and I don't think that you have "let yourself go." You are beautiful!

Julie said...

Good for you, Lara! I am with you...some people can become fanatical about health and fitness, but that's not a great example for kids, either. I love your realistic approach. The best diet plan ever...all things in MODERATION!

My friend that is inactive right now is going to school to be a trainer/nutritionist. She says that she gets so confused with all of the different "diets" that all contradict each-other. I wanted to tell her the same thing...all things moderately.The best diet plan ever!

We are proud of you and look forward to watching your progress!