On Friday we all went to see the inside of the Utah State Capitol Building. We heard that since it was recently refurbished, they had been having an Open House for anyone to walk through.
This was the inside of the big dome. The murals were amazing. It was very cool.
This was my favorite room, the State Reception Room. It was so rich and royal looking. This room was designed to host special events. I also couldn't believe how much marble is in that place. It seemed as if everything were made of marble.
I thought this was a cute picture of the kids. They were peeking their heads through to see the pretty choir that was singing on the lower level.I think that Ben was the most impressed by the place. He kept saying how he wants to come back. We explained that this potentially could be a once in a lifetime opportunity. A lot of the rooms we saw, like the Governors office, will stay closed to the public. It was a very cool way to spend an evening.
4 comments:
I was thinking to myself, when I saw the news about the open house, that would be interesting to see. It looks so rich, more like a palace than a capitol building. What was a great opportunity for all of you. Cute pic of the kids too.
When Tess was 6 her little choir group sang in that very capitol building. Brings back memories.
Good times.
How beautiful!!!
Thanks for posting those pictures. I met to get the family up there for the open house but it never happened. It looks so pretty. Nice to know all of our politicians will be safe for the "BIG ONE."
Post a Comment