Christmas came and went too fast this year, but it sure was nice while it lasted. Grammie and Papa Rex had us over again which was so much fun and we ate up all their yummy food. What would we do without them? One thing we wish could have happened was to be together with our whole family. We really missed our family in Cali. Maybe we will need to make Cali our destination for Christmas 2008.
There were some memorable comments this year. One was when Ella opened one of her presents to find a cardboard box. She was so excited too. She said "Yes, a box!" And then moved on to the next gift. She had no idea that there was something in that box.
Another comment that really tugged on my heart strings was said when I was trying to feel out the kids regarding an idea I had. I was talking about instead of getting gifts next year, giving lots of gifts to a family in need and making a great Christmas for someone else, which would inturn make our Christmas great. I asked the kids what they thought about that idea and there was complete silence, until Eva spoke up. She said "I don't care about presents. I just care about poor people." That made my whole Christmas because, coming from her I knew it was sincere.
We hope everyone had a fantastic Christmas. We wish nothing but the best for everyone in the new year too.


11 comments:
Santa was very good to the Ziebarth Family! What a sweet thing for Eva to say, that would be a great idea for a year when they get a little older.
P.S. If dad and I were ever alone for Christmas, we would be serving or cooking dinner at the Senior Center, or feeding a bunch at our house. It makes any holiday more meaningful to be of service. Thanks for the memories.
It looks like you had a wonderful Christmas! Your pictures are great!
Guess what? We finally were able to view your jibjab card!!! Thanks for emailing it to us. We loved it. Too funny!
Cali Christmas 08...let's do it!!!
ps- great pictures in your slide show!!! I should have taken an "after" photo...it's pretty amazing what can happen in such a short amount of time!
Merry Christmas. We love and miss you all. Love the pictures. Love Ella's and Eva's comments. So cute. We can't wait for next Christmas, hope you guys will really come out! But just from experience (this Christmas) you might want to leave the day after. Packing those presents to and from is a pain, although you do have a big enough car!
It's only Hannah.
all I've got to say about the slideshow is.....
C U T E!
the Ella trying to make a snow angel
was my favorite!
I don't really like the "life is a sewer" quote. Life isn't like a sewer! There is nothing good in a sewer. Change it to something else like a garden, or anything else. Tom Lehrer...what were you thinking?
Cheryl,
I like the garden analogy, but I thought the sewer bit was witty. I've heard life compared to a garden many times, but have never heard it compared to a sewer. And it's only a "dirty" quote if you have a "dirty" life. ;)
Who's blog is this anyway?
OK, I was getting on to apologize for my opinion about your quote, but I love your response. You're right, it's not my blog so I can't choose your quotes. Have you ever been to Taiwan?
That is such a cute slide show!
- Tess
Post a Comment