Friday, November 23, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!!


We hope everybody had a terrific Thanksgiving. I was such a slacker hostess. I wanted everybody to think of things they are thankful for during the whole week, write them down, then put them in a jar to be read at dinner. But I forgot. How could I forget such a thing? Anyway, to make me feel a little better, I'd like to say a few things now:


my FAMILY, the church, great friends, happy people, nature, laughter, music, good news, good food, memories, this country, and on and on and on...



Lee and the kids were our entertainment for the day. The kids together wrote a song and Lee put it to music. It was adorable. Here are the words:

Parents are so Der, they make us go to bed.
They take our toys away, And ground us for a day.
They make us eat our veggies, And make us brush our teeth.
They make us do our chores, but never give us smores.
Parents, parents, parents, parents are so Der.
Parents, parents, parents, never let us burp.
Parents, parents, parents, listen up.
We're your kids and we've had enough!


I can sense future musicians in the family! Very creative! If I can figure out how to add a video (I did it once, but can't do it again) I will put it on the blog.

4 comments:

Marissa said...

Happy Thanksgiving!!! How fun to have all your fam there!!! And all the kids!! Crazy! Can't wait till my family starts getting bigger! I've got some slackers! Avalon will be 20 by the time the others step up! Love you guys!

Julie said...

Lara & Lee-
Thank you, thank you, thank you...for everything!!! We had such a great time, and I loved seeing the kids together! What are you talking about being a slacker??!! You kept us so comfy, well fed, and entertained!!!!!! (not that we required all of that!)Thanks again for the inspiration...can't wait to get home!
Miss you guys already!!!!

Grammie & Papa Rex said...

Thanks for all your hard work and love. We had a great time. I wanted to do a family home evening too but just didn't seem to get around to it. The time went by too fast. We loved the music show!!!

cheryl said...

I can finally comment after trying for 3 weeks. We miss you guys and loved being with you for Thanksgiving. Your house is my dream house, I actually do dream about it, and when we move in again across the street from you one day I hope you don't mind when I copy all of your paint colors and decor.
When I was reading your things you were thankful for I thought you wrote country music, don't ask, I saw country and my brain just went there, and my heart did a little pitter patter. But still no one will convert on either sides of my family. Even my kids have turned on me. Well Livia still likes Chenney. Oh well.
We sure love you and Lee and your sweet family and loved being with you. We probably would have just moved in if you would have let us.
Love,Cheryl