Friday, January 22, 2010

All Things Eva

My little Eva is growing up right before my eyes. She is turning into one special little lady. Although I am sad to see her get older, I have never been more proud of her. Here are few things she has been up to:
This school year Eva participated in the Reflections contest. The theme was "Beauty Is..." She submitted two entries, one in photography and one in musical composition. She got trophies in both categories too! She did an awesome job. This is the picture she took that won her her trophy in photography...

She also composed a song on the piano that she worked hard on. That trophy winning masterpiece is too long of a video to post so I will have to record her again and just include a portion of it. That will be in a future post. Your talents inspire me, Eva!


A few weeks ago Eva also decided she was ready to get her ears pierced. She looks beautiful, doesn't she?!



Yesterday, our little D'Eva D got braces. I absolutely love her new smile! I know her teeth have been very sore but she has been quite a trooper. I am proud to say that I am surviving as well. It has been hard for me to see her go through all the poking and prodding that comes with getting braces. We are hoping only six to nine months for round one and then round two, about a year later, should only be for a year or so.


Every week I help in her class and every week her teacher has new things to tell me about why she loves Eva. She is really excelling this year and she thrives in every environment she is in, including dance. New to her dance repertoire this year is Jazz which she is thoroughly enjoying.
Keep up the great work Eva! We love you!

4 comments:

Shill and Company said...

Eva is absolutely wonderful. I am so proud of her! She looks terrific with her braces. What a darling smile. I also love the earrings. Very exciting about the Reflections contest as well. She is such a talented girl!

Grammie & Papa Rex said...

Eva does seem to really enjoy what life has to offer. We are very proud of her too. Keep up the great work Eva. Remember that braces won't last that long, and a beautiful smile will be the result! All the food tomorrow for Uncle Ryan's birthday will be soft too.

Cheryl said...

I had no idea about Eva and her trophies. I love that picture she took. That is so cute. And so is she, braces or no, still beautiful. Love you D'eva D.

Julie said...

WOW! She has been a very busy girl...giving lots of reasons to be proud! I love her photograph and her vision of what beauty is! (Gavin wrote a story for our Reflections Program. I can't believe that I haven't posted it...it's priceless!)
I, too, love the bling in her mouth! There's something endearing about a mouth full of metal! I don't know what it is, but it melts a mom!
Good job D'Eva! xoxo