I remember one time as a younster calling over at my Aunt and Uncle's. They were not home but their answering machine greeting made me smile...
"The sun's out so we're out. Please leave a message".
That was SO them. These days that is also SO us. We love summer and everything that comes with it. Flip Flops, pools, popsicles, watermelon, tan skin, laziness...the list goes on and on. We love the sun, maybe even a little too much. My wrinkles and sun spots would say a little too much.
So much that when I am not outside enjoying the sunshine I feel guilty. Like right now, as I am typing, I feel guilty. I need to get back outside. See ya!

5 comments:
We're only outside if we have to be these days (or if we're in a pool). But such is life when it's 110 degrees! We do our outdoor play time October through April, when the rest of the world is huddled indoors.
Oh my word - I couldn't agree more!
...and I dare say I have OODLES more wrinkles than you :)
Amen!!! Well minus the allergies, I have had it so BAD this year!! We are off to Cherry Hill right now, maybe we'll see you there!!
Hooray for summer! We are planning on enjoying it with your awesome family!
Those sound like words to live by!
I admit that I actually like the slight sting of a sunburn! I know better. I can't help it!
Can't wait to spend some time with you guys in the sun!
Post a Comment