Monday, January 28, 2008

We'll Miss You!

We are a sad family today.
Each of us has our own unique memories of President Hinckley. I am so glad that Emma had the opportunity to see him in person this last conference. And Ella, after I explained to her that Pres. Hinckley died and we will soon have a new prophet said, "But I like Pesidint Hinckey. He's MY pophet!" I love that even a two year old can have such a strong testimony of our prophet. What makes me happiest for him is knowing that he has been reunited with his sweetheart, Marjorie!

He has given so many amazing addresses. One quote that is so powerful and that I love is:
"We know not what lies ahead of us. We know not what the coming days will bring. We live in a world of uncertainty. For some, there will be great accomplishment. For others, disappointment. For some, much of rejoicing and gladness, good health and gracious living. For others, perhaps sickness and a measure of sorrow. We do not know. But one thing we do know. Like the polar star in the heavens, regardless of what the future holds, there stands the Redeemer of the world, the Son of God, certain and sure as the anchor of our immortal lives. He is the rock of our salvation, our strength, our comfort, the very focus of our faith."
Because of President Hinckley's powerful testimony, my testimony has grown immensley. I will always remember him as one of the greatest prophets ever.

3 comments:

Element Spaces said...

COL- Cry Out Loud!

Grammie & Papa Rex said...

We will all miss him. Such a great leader both as our prophet and as a world leader and champion of the poor physically and spiritually.

Shill and Company said...

He was truly amazing. We will certainly miss him!