Good Friends, Good Food, and Good Fun!
That pretty much sums up our New Years Eve. Even the kids stayed up till after midnight this year with the exception of Ella who managed to fall asleep, with the help of her thumb and her bubby, amid kids yelling all around her and grown ups yelling even louder.
New Years day did not quite go so well. Everyone did manage to sleep in which was wonderful, but a few of us woke up pretty sore from too much Wii. (Are we the only family on the planet that did not get a Wii for Christmas?)
Next I noticed that I missed the Rose parade on TV. How can you celebrate New Year's without watching the Rose parade? I should have taken that as a bad omen.
Next, while playing with Monte, I noticed he was getting a little too close to the upstairs banister. The same banister that Ben has had dreams about Ella falling over. The next few seconds all happened in slow motion. I wanted to go to Monte to move him away, but at the same time not scare him into jumping. The next thing I knew Monte disappeared and I heard a rather large THUD. Monte had fallen 10 feet onto the hard tile down below. He started meowing so sadly and we noticed he had a bloody upper lip. Next the "Kitty Mom" in me kicked in and I decided to take Monte to, where else... the Animal ER.
While in the waiting room of the Animal ER, an older man walked in with his white poodle type dog. The dog was bleeding from his bum, yes his bum. And the man kept petting it and saying, "It's gonna be OK, son." I don't know if I have ever witnessed anything sadder.
Anyway, after being there well over two hours and forking out $150, the Vet told us Monte would be just fine. Not even a broken paw. Why, do you ask, would I ever go through that on New Years day and for a cat who would have eight lives left anyway? Because that is just the kind of "Kitty Mom" I am.
I can just feel it...2008 is going to be quite the year, especially after a start like that.
4 comments:
Oh poor little Monte. I am so glad that he is okay. Interesting that Monte got hurt on a holiday. Zeke did that a few times as well. Come to think of it, my kitty that I grew up with died on Easter. Just our luck huh?
I'm so glad Monte was okay, but that's not a fun way to spend your holiday. Were the kids all crying? That what you kids used to do if any animal was hurt. I'd have to calm you all down as well as the animal. Our cat came out of the bathroom this morning, and I left to a presidency meeting. Dad said it all of a sudden she went nuts and started clawing everything in site. So Dad booted Tiki outside for the morning, so she could calm down. I guess it's time out for Tiki.
Grammie - Emma was pretty upset but the other kids seemed alright. Sounds like Tiki was being a naughty kitty.
We didn't get a Wii either...if it makes you feel any better!
I have had the same fear with our banister! It's a long way down onto hard ground! Glad he's ok. I wonder if "poodle-type dog" is ok, too? So sad.
Happy New Year! Hope it gets better!
Post a Comment